Wednesday, March 9, 2011

SPRING:)

It has been many years since I could truly say, I am looking forward to spring:)



I worked at a greenhouse for 23 years. Many years I did look forward to spring but for the last several, spring brought me more dread than joy. It was an enjoyable but very stressful and physical job. Most of the year you work at a nice pace, but the 5-6 weeks of getting ready, stocking, long hours were getting to me. My arthritis would really get me down, but you have to push on, because that is when a greenhouse makes the money to survive the rest of the year.



I really miss working with the girls I worked with. They are more like family then co-workers. I had terrific employers who were really good to me. I will miss them this spring, but I will not miss the physical pain I was dealing with.


Now I am excited to watch the days get longer, the sun shine more and can really slow down and smell the flowers. I would be concentrating on work and getting through the season, that trees would be leafed out and grass green before I really noticed. Now I will enjoy that.



I loved waiting on the customers and helping them with their garden needs. I will especially miss helping them select perennials for specific areas. But now I can fix some of my perennial areas and make them more "senior" friendly.


I will enjoy going to the greenhouse as a customer and not as an employee. Thank you McIntosh for all the years and friendship.

1 comment:

  1. So happy you love spring again! And thanks for stopping by 'Just Dream, Jelly Bean!'. Hope to see you there again!
    much love
    ~ Jill

    ReplyDelete